Epson Introduces Two Ultra-Bright Projectors with Future Proof Connectivity for Education
Epson PowerLite 905 and 915W Deliver up to 3200 Lumens and Advanced Networking
Starting Under $1,000
ORLANDO, Fla. (FETC, Booth # 711) – Feb. 1, 2011 – Epson, the number-one selling projector brand worldwide1, today announced two new ultra-bright projectors for the classroom that each feature a robust built-in speaker and advanced connectivity for leading edge schools. The PowerLite 905 and 915W feature a 16-watt speaker and microphone input to help engage the entire classroom without costly external speakers or teacher voice strain. In addition, both projectors deliver comprehensive connectivity – HDMI for high-quality audio and video with one cable and RJ-45 for presenting content over the network, broadcasting important messages and monitoring and controlling a networked projector remotely.
“The PowerLite 905 and 915W projectors were designed to provide educators with a full-featured classroom solution, delivering ultra-bright images and top quality audio and video to enhance students’ learning experiences,” said Sara Kim, product manager, Epson America. “Built to accommodate future technology and connectivity enhancements, the PowerLite 905 and 915W are cost-effective, high performance projectors that will continue to provide value for educators as classroom content evolves.”
The PowerLite 905 ($999*) offers 3000 lumens of color and white light output2 with XGA resolution, and the PowerLite 915W ($1,099*) delivers 3200 lumens color and white light output with WXGA (1280 x 800) resolution to allow teachers to fully leverage widescreen notebooks or tablets and widescreen DVD content. Both projectors feature the latest 3LCD, 3-chip technology to deliver amazing, true-to-life color and detail for powerful presentations.
More about the PowerLite 905 and 915W
The Epson PowerLite 905 and 915W deliver several innovative features for the classroom, including:
- Increased Communication: Powerful internal 16-watt speaker fills the classroom with sound and saves on equipment costs; convenient microphone input helps save the teacher’s voice; built-in closed captioning decoder makes presentations accessible to viewers with hearing impairments at no added cost and helps meet ADA section 508 compliance
- Future-Ready Connectivity: HDMI digital connectivity allows for connection to the latest devices for high-quality video and audio with just one cable
- Advanced Networking: Educators can remotely deliver video and audio presentations over the network with the included EasyMP Network Projection software; projectors can be used as a broadcast system to display announcements, event flyers, updates and instructions; wireless functionality is available via an optional wireless module
- Virtual Remote: Allows teachers to use a virtual projector remote control on their computer via a web browser when connected to a network, eliminating the need to carry a physical remote control; performs basic functions such as power, source search, volume, AV mute, closed captioning, and page up/down
- Teaching Aids: Pre-designed line and graph pattern templates or customizable images aid in instruction, saving valuable class time by eliminating the need for teachers to draw lines and grids on a whiteboard or blackboard
- USB Plug ‘n Play: Instantly projects images, transmits audio and controls the presentations from either a Windows PC or Mac via a standard USB cable; allows for easier set up and eliminates the hassle of dealing with bulky VGA cables and toggling computer keys
- Setup/Positioning Flexibility: 1.6x optical zoom allows for a larger range in projector placement and produces larger images from shorter throw distances; +30 degree automatic vertical keystone correction and new +30 degree horizontal keystone correction provides easy and convenient operation in multiple classroom settings, including allowing the projector to be placed on a table that may not be centered with the screen and still get a standard formatted image
- Convenient Control: Direct Power On and Off allows for an installed projector to be powered on and off with a flip of a wall switch; Instant On/Off enables teachers to avoid delays when starting and finishing presentations and be up and running in only five seconds; A/V Mute Slide stops the sound and picture to allow for a quick pause in the presentation
- Extended Lamp Life: Using Epson’s exclusive E-TORL lamp technology, the PowerLite 905 and 915W lamp life can last up to 6,000 hours3 in economy mode, helping to maximize presentation time
Epson also offers the Brighter Futures
program, a unique sales and support initiative available specifically for schools. Designed to help educators select and implement the best products for their classrooms while making the most of their budgets, Brighter Futures offers special pricing, extended Epson limited warranty coverage for three years, dedicated education account managers, and toll-free technical support for all Epson projectors.
Availability and Support
The Epson PowerLite 905 and 915W will be available in March 2011 through national resellers, pro audio/visual dealers, mail order, and distribution. Epson’s PowerLite projectors come with a two-year limited warranty (three years for Brighter Futures customers) that includes two elite technical support services – two-year Epson PrivateLine phone support where projector owners can directly access an expedited support telephone line by using a phone card that is included with the product, and a two-year Road Service projector replacement program that includes projector exchange in one business day. For additional information about the new PowerLite projectors, visit www.epsonbrighterfutures.com
About Epson America, Inc.
Epson is a global imaging and innovation leader dedicated to exceeding the vision of customers worldwide through its compact, energy-saving, high-precision technologies, with a wide lineup ranging from printers and 3LCD projectors for business and the home, to electronic and crystal devices. Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises nearly 80,000 employees in 102 companies around the world. Epson is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and the communities in which it operates and has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, an indicator for leading companies in economic, environmental and social criteria, for the third year in a row. Epson America, Inc. based in Long Beach, Calif. is Epson’s regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: www.Epson.com
. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/EpsonAmerica
), Twitter (http://twitter.com/EpsonAmerica
) and YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/EpsonTV
# # #
* Estimated street price